Amps

Re: [Amps] VHF UHF Amp Book

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] VHF UHF Amp Book
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 07:19:23 +0100

Will Matney wrote:
> I ran across this book on ebay and actually have it here. This is a good book
> on both VHF and UHF equipment. There's several amp projects in it for 6 and 2
> meters.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/VHF-UHF-Manual-Ham-Radio-Jessop-Antennas-Transmitter_W0QQitemZ4643306951QQcategoryZ378QQcmdZViewItem
Make sure you pay the right price. It's over 20 years old, and much of
the content was obsolete when it was printed. Regretably that didn't
improve much in the subsequent version. Much of my contribution to that
version was made redundant by the flood of Russian valves onto the
market just after it went to print.

Personally, I value the VHF/UHF DX book and the ARRL UHF Projects manual
much more highly.

Steve