Amps

[Amps] RE GI7B issues

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] RE GI7B issues
From: "Roland AH6RR" <Toesonnose@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 15:08:29 -1000
What is the plate idling current? I had one of them do the same thing but the
idling current was way too high. Bias voltage should be between 25-32V after I
set my bias voltage to 27V I have been using the same 2 tubes in my MLA-2500
for over 2 years now with 1.2 KW out. I used the stock fan and added a fan on
top of the amp to draw the hot air out. My plate idling current is 100 mils at
2600V for 2 GI7B Check out the Bias Voltage if it is too high it will smoke the
tube.