Amps

Re: [Amps] filament tube life, turn on's and time on target

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] filament tube life, turn on's and time on target
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 07:43:25 +0000
> To amplify what Carl said technically and Colin's statement, I would just add
> that life is too short. Go ahead and use the amplifier as you need to and
> want
> to.

My main fear would be for the on/off switch. The repeat inrush
current could see it off - I'd suggest leaving it on and adding an
external boxed switch which could be generously rated and would be
easier to replace if the need arose. In that box I also added step
start and wiring to allow the fan to run for a while after the amp
was shut down.

Steve