Amps

Re: [Amps] SB220 "A" mods

To: Amps <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB220 "A" mods
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:59:58 -0400
Its probably not the SB220 causing the problem.  Its  the pc speakers
rectifying.  Happens at my operating desk with any of several
amplifiers.  I also have to turn the 2 meter FM radio off as the antenna
for it is quite close to the 40 meter yagi.  Toroids on the ac power and
speaker wires might help, but might not.  The speakers and amplifier are
not shielded nor bypassed at all. They were not designed for high level
rf environments.    I have one set that squaks even if the ac is
unplugged.  73 bob de w9ge