Amps

Re: [Amps] Retraction with regard to the SB220

To: Amps reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Retraction with regard to the SB220
From: Vic K2VCO <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:26:03 -0700
jeremy-ca wrote:
> You have received some good advice, at least what I see that made it to the
> forum.
>
> Yes, there was a period where voodo science raised its head for awhile on
> here.

Speaking of the parasitic suppressors, Heath used carbon composition
resistors which often increase in value over time -- especially if they
have overheated, which can happen if the amp is used heavily on 10 (or
11!) meters.

Look at them carefully, and if they show any discoloration or cracking,
replace them. You might even disconnect one end of the coil and measure
the resistance. They can be replaced with metal-film resistors.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco