Amps

Re: [Amps] Relays

To: k3lr@k3lr.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Relays
From: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:17:02 -0600
I was interested in the same topic a few years ago and I made a bunch of
measurements on some Icom radios.

Look at http://www.bnk.com/W0QE/Radio_Measurements/amplifier_timing.html

Bottom line was for all the all the radios I measured I never saw
anything like 3mS on relay closure.  However both the IC-706 and IC-7000
have a negative holdover on the relay release in the full QSK mode which
is quite scary.

73,
Larry. W0QE