Amps

Re: [Amps] Relays

Subject: Re: [Amps] Relays
From: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:33:13 -0400
My old TS-940 actuated the internal relay from a line
that went positive 3ms after keydown. Add 2 ms for the
relay to actuate and the relay pulled in about 5ms from
keydown. The 940 produced RF 6ms after keydown! I found
a line that went positive at keydown and used that to
drive a FET switch. I modified my venerable Drake L-7 to
use a vacuum relay QSK system and it's been perking along
without a hitch for over 10 years.

73, Roger

PS: I believe most of the blown tube problems with these
type of amps is due to the slow acting TR relays and having
RF appear before the relay switches.

--
Remember the USS Liberty (AGTR-5)
http://ussliberty.org/