Amps

[Amps] Chimney for GS-31B

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Chimney for GS-31B
From: robert briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 18:36:35 +1000
Hi all,

I have been pondering for a solution for a chimney for various external
anode tubes.I am currently completing another amplifier using a
GS-31B.Not having access to Teflon or other expensive materials nor the
finance to afford same I hit upon the idea of using some silicon baking
sheet.I know the idea isn't new and I am wondering how many of you have
actually tried it or at least thought about it.,I thought I would cut a
strip of this material to make the cylinder and fasten it by "sewing" it
up the join with a finer strip..Guess there is no other way of
efficiently joining this stuff..However I will try this method tomorrow
and let you all know how it goes..

I would be interested to hear any other suggestions.My research so far
rules out poly tubing for chimneys..

73....Bob VK3ZL..