Amps

[Amps] Blower mod for 8877 project?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Blower mod for 8877 project?
From: TMorton <cx7tt@4email.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:32:00 -0200
Hola,
I am at the point of deciding how to position the components for a home
brew 8877 amp, based on K8RA's design in the 2006 Handbook. I have the
Buckeye cabinets and would like to put the blower inside rather than
mounted outboard like Jerry did. In looking at pictures from WD7S
website, it looks like he has 'snipped' off the little shaft with the
propeller...
My question is, what function does the little prop do and what are to
pros and cons of mounting the blower inside without the propeller?
Should I leave the prop on and create a hole on the back side of the
chassis to allow the prop to turn?
73
Tom
CX7TT