Amps

Re: [Amps] Vernier knobs?

To: "John E. Cleeve" <g3jvc@jcleeve.idps.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vernier knobs?
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 13:36:48 -0400
Thanks for trying.

It wasn't quite that straight forward...Entering "Jackson Brothers" into
Google brought up many, many pages for entertainers, food companies, and
many others.  "Jackson Brothers catalog" did bring up
http://www.mainlinegroup.co.uk/jacksonbrothers/index.htm with item 4511
being a ball drive, but unfortunately this appears to be a drive
reduction unit. What I need is a straight through drive that has about a
10:1 or even 30:1 reduction for the indicator, or knob flange. IOW the
input and output shafts make 30 turn while the flange makes one.

The Aluminum dial drive ( 4090) or (4489C) looks like it might be what
I'm after, but I can't tell if it's a drive reduction, or a dial
reduction with a straight through shaft.

Basically what I need is the equivalent of a turns counter without the
crank and window although a spinner might be nice on the knob.

73

Roger (K8RI)