Amps

Re: [Amps] tank calculations - need input

To: ka1mwp <ka1mwp@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] tank calculations - need input
From: jeff millar <jeff@wa1hco.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 09:33:00 -0400
When i responded to your original email, I ignored the in/out more/less
capacitance because you said that you could get 1.5 kW out. That means
you can get a match. That email didn't make it to the list because it
had the wrong "from" address. Here it is again

        When I play with this design, it appears that 5 uH
        for the inductor at 3.8M is just too low.
                Rp 1000
                Cstrays 20 p
                Ctune 410 pF
                L 5 uH
                Cload 1660 pF
        Those values seem to agree with what you described.

        Raising the Inductance to 7 uH
                Ctune 267 pF
                Cload 990 pF

        Which seems more like a typical 75M tank.

        None of this varies very much with Rp. The tune
        cap and tank inductor mostly define the resonant
        frequency, the load cap defines the match between
        antenna and Rp.

        I'm using a graphical smith chart program
        for this analysis...much easier than any of the
        other things I've tried. You don't even need to
        understand smith charts, just move the component
        values around until the line hits center of the
        chart.

        jeff, wa1hco