Amps

Re: [Amps] Cleaning air-wound coils

To: Dan Zimmerman N3OX <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Cleaning air-wound coils
From: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 10:40:59 -0600
Thanks for the plug Dan.  I did the tests you mentioned primarily at
28MHz a couple years ago.  Increasing the wire size 1 gauge is better
than silver plating assuming you have adequate spacing between the turns
so that the Q is not impaired by the turns being too close together.  I
still like painting the coil with high temp barbeque paint which had
absolutely no Q reduction and looks very cool.

73,
Larry, W0QE