Amps

Re: [Amps] How to read the 3-500Z spec sheet?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] How to read the 3-500Z spec sheet?
From: Vic K2VCO <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 08:30:42 -0700
Regarding the 400 ma rating, I've often wondered why it matters as long as the
plate
dissipation is not exceeded. The only thing I can think of is the possibility
that the
filament emissive ability could be damaged in some way.

I prefer the metal-plate 3-500's just because the color is a very responsive
indicator of
plate dissipation.

By the way, I have some carbon-anode 813's and one of them apparently was
severely
overloaded at some point. The carbon shows lots of little pits, sort of
reminiscent of a
road sign in rural Texas.

--
Vic, K2VCO