Amps

[Amps] Alpha 77 start up

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 77 start up
From: Jan Ditzian <ditzian@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 19:59:20 -0500
Just so you guys do not think I am ignoring you, I appreciate all the
recommendations.  I already found a bub (tnx Bob) supplier through
Amazon, and I will consider the LED option as an interesting project, to
be undertaken when I can sacrifice the current bulbs for bases.  The
bulb space is exact and small, so with 24 volts coming in, I do not know
how I can drop the voltage to an LED level, but I have not looked at
LEDs lately, either.

I will look at everybody's recommendations, but at present, I think the
next step is to unplug the power and start tracing from the input coax
connector.  I already tried changing the cable between the amp and the
exciter--no joy.

My thanks to all who are helping me,

Jan, KX2A