Amps

Re: [Amps] 811A

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 811A
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 07:20:02 +0800
Yeah, many years ago, I used to enjoy going around to visit Jim, VK6RU
(SK). He was very proud of his set of 4 RCA 811A tubes with great gaping
holes in the anodes. He showed them to everybody who would visit. Funny
enough, they still actually worked in his 30L1 before he replaced them
with a set of 572B's.

Seeing stuff like that, probably helped to whet my appetite for all
things QRO. Jim ran everything hard to the right and when he was working
20m long path to the states, it was pointless for anybody else around
here to get on that band. He used it all. Hi hi.

73, Alek
VK6APK

http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk
http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6ap