Amps

Re: [Amps] RF in the Audio

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF in the Audio
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 18:50:23 -0700
On 9/23/2011 6:03 PM, Rob Atkinson wrote:
> You don't wind your balanced feed on a torroid for crying out loud, a
> method I find preposterous, and probably subject to heating and loss;

You may not have heard about the concept, but it works quite well. DX
Engineering has done similar things, but don't publish it.  I've done
considerable work on the topic, and published both the theoretical basis
and the measured data. Since I've done that in the tutorial, and because
this reflector is about power amps, I won't repeat the discussion. If
you open up some of their boxes you can see what they're doing.

73, Jim Brown K9YC