Amps

Re: [Amps] 4-400 W Screen Voltage

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4-400 W Screen Voltage
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@knology.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:24:27 -0500
I have built several passive grid driven tetrode amps with normal screen
voltage applied.  One was with 4-400's and the other a 4CX1500A.  I
currently use a Johnson Invader 2000 which is a passive grid driven pair
of 4-400A's.

David
KW4DH

On 1/28/2012 9:27 PM, Carl wrote:
> I dont see any reason why not. Ive done it with 4X1's and passive grid is
> used by a few current manufacturers with external anode tubes. National did
> that back in 1962 with the NCL-2000.....the rest of the world is finally
> catching up.
>
> Carl
> KM1H

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of
them."
Thomas Jefferson

"We may consider each generation as a distinct nation, with a right, by the
will of its majority, to bind themselves, but none to bind the succeeding
generation, more than the inhabitants of another country."
Thomas Jefferson