Amps

Re: [Amps] More HV feed through capacitor

To: Larry <larry@w7iuv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] More HV feed through capacitor
From: Mike Tubby <mike@tubby.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 11:11:39 +0000
Hi Larry,

Sounds like you have far too much RF reaching the 'cold' end of the
inductor and bypass cap.  This might be because the inductor is
mis-placed on the anode line or because your inductor is too high or too
low in value, or self-resonant, or something...?

Seems that KC5GTT has built one or more of these amps with good success,
there's a video on Youtube, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dwGdbw_8tk

much of the video is showing operation but if you fast-forward to the
end there's a tour around the inside showing how he built his - you
might find this a useful reference to compare yours against...

73, Mike G8TIC