Amps

Re: [Amps] warbleing gi-7

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] warbleing gi-7
From: "Dave" <dave@g8kbv.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 09:38:46 -0000
> Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 18:51:31 -0600
> From: "Carey Lockhart, KC5GTT" <kc5gtt@gmail.com>
> Subject: [Amps] warbleing gi-7
> To: <amps@contesting.com>
>
> Hello Guys,
>
> Just sent a little 2m gi7b amplifier to a ham in idaho. he is getting a
> report of a warble in his audio with the amp in. to me that sound like
> arching cap what do yall think?
>
> Carey, kc5gtt
>
> ------------------------------

More like RF getting back into the Mic line ("Breakthrough") the usual
problem at VHF when you start throwing larger ammounts of RF about, than
you have in the past..  Regardless of if he run's SSB, AM or FM.   Even
on FM any power line ripple on the plate supply, will manifest itself as
a "rumble" on the audio if breakthrough is happening, or worse, depending
on what exactly is getting hit by it...

On SSB, well, I guess you all know what that sounds like when it
happens...

Apply the usual good EMI/EMC practices (relative location and filtering
etc) and it should be fixed.

73.

Dave G0WBX.