Amps

Re: [Amps] OM Power Amps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] OM Power Amps
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 06:26:01 +0800
A new amp is always exciting stuff Don. Good luck with it.

Make sure you grab a lifetime supply of spare tubes as well. They are no
longer in production and they are getting very expensive and extremely
hard to find.

Personally I would lean towards a brand that used current production tubes.

I own an amp which runs a Russian tube which is now all but
unobtainable. Thankfully, last year, I was able to find a NOS spare and
didn't need to sell the wife's car to pay for it. It happened all so
quickly with the tube in my amp, going from good numbers available all
over the world, to unobtainium. I'm talking about the GU91b/4CX1600B. My
original tube is still 100% ok but without a spare, that amp is
worthless should I ever think of selling it.

The GU84b and even more so, the GU78b are now disappearing at an
alarming rate and I wish the stock market would rise at the rate of
GU74b prices.

Stock up. Don't get bitten. Enjoy your new amp and your trip to Europe.

73, Alek.
VK6APK

http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk
http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6ap