Amps

[Amps] recommendations please

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] recommendations please
From: kayser@sympatico.ca (Larry Kayser)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 16:28:11 -0400
Greetings:

A small issue here, I make 360 transmissions per day at this time, 5
seconds long per minute.  In the future I may go to 24x7 operation when I
can process all the collected data...

I am using an ancient SB 220 and have been running it locked ON for each 1
hour session of 60 transmissions.  It would be a simple program change to
key it up each minute 1 second before and unkey it one second after each 5
second transmission.

My question - which is best for the tubes which are the expensive part of
the operation.  I can replace relays much easier than tubes hi.  I can see
some reasons to go either way, but there may be an important reason I have
not thought of.

Larry
VA3LK

PS, The application is in the scientific side of amateur radio and of no
interest here.