Amps

Re: [Amps] Looking to purchase a good 6 meter amplifier

To: PJPilot@aol.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Looking to purchase a good 6 meter amplifier
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 15:46:00 -0400
I just looked at the specifications for the Swan Mark VI  which had a pair
of 4-400Z tubes originally.
Oddly enough it states that I operate at 1000 watts continuous DC plate
input power on CW, RTTY and AM.
1000 watts AM is 4000 watts PEP plate input power, far beyond the 2000
watts PEP plate input power that it state for SSB.  Did they figure the 6
meter band was wide enough that all that splatter would not matter?

73
Bill wa4lav
.