Amps

Re: [Amps] Have an AL-811 tune question???

To: W7RY <w7ry@arrl.net>, Dave Weiss <davidhweiss@gmail.com>, "OTAKEBI@aol.com" <OTAKEBI@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Have an AL-811 tune question???
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 11:45:39 -0400
I used ALC with a SB00 years ago but it was easy to over drive.
My 4-1000A amplifier is quite a different story. It has loads of head room.
I just set the drive level for 1500 watts PEP output from the amp. and
leave it there.
As long as the transceivers internal ALC is working fine, no problems.

73
Bill wa4lav