Amps

Re: [Amps] What's the story on these companies?

To: 'Roger' <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>, amps@contesting.com, Sam Carpenter <sam@owenscommunication.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] What's the story on these companies?
From: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 07:12:48 -0700 (PDT)
The person who was with HCJB was Clarence Moore, W9LZX.  He lived in Elkhart,
Indiana, which is just east of South Bend.  Moore is also credited with
"inventing" the quad antenna.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

--- On Tue, 5/11/10, Sam Carpenter <sam@owenscommunication.com> wrote:

I had a customer who was with HCJB Shortwave in Equator. If I remember right,
they had a transmitter manufacturing business as a result of them building
their own transmitters. I seem to remember that the facility was in South Bend
Indiana. I think they also built those amplifiers.

There is information on one of the boards somewhere. It might be worth doing a
google search using "transmitter shortwave" and HCJB. You may swerve into
something. Maybe the other guys can remember better than me or correct me, but
I think there is a connection there.