Amps

Re: [Amps] RE; 3CX800 grid collett

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] RE; 3CX800 grid collett
From: Conrad PA5Y <g0ruz@g0ruz.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 19:13:33 +0200
It is indeed an interesting thread, however in my case I just felt that there was not enough contact at all and also this particular implementation was done on the cheap, rather badly. In fact there was about 5 fingers at each of the fixing positions for the socket, many of which had broken off. I felt that this was not an ideal situation and so decided to remedy it. I mistakenly thought that the SK-1900 was in fact a socket with a grid collet but have since found out that this is not the case.

A picture speaks a thousand words so have a look at this:

http://g0ruz.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/3CX800_2M_GRID_FINGERS.jpeg

Notice the sputter marks, apparently the blower failed and no one noticed!

73
Conrad PA5Y

On 15/06/2015 18:14, Donald Fox via Amps wrote:
In looking at an SK-2200 I have here in the shack, I see the 4 grid tabs spaced
equally around the socket.
However, the grid collet in my Henry 3002 is the real thing having finger stock
all the way around.

I have a couple of NOS screen grid bypass caps for the 4CX150/250 series tubes.
I wonder if that could somehow modified or used in this instance.

Don  N8ECH