Amps

Re: [Amps] Ham sells fine grit thing to clean contacts

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ham sells fine grit thing to clean contacts
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 01:23:24 -0400
Crocus cloth is "I believe" jewelers rouge on a backing, but be careful. Some "cloth" is more abrasive than the abrasive. Bond paper with just enough deoxit to wet the paper. There have been several good alternatives posted.

I used to have one of the diamond dressing tabs. Generally, an abrasive use is for the last resort cases.

73

Roger (K8RI)

On 8/16/2015 9:13 PM, Jim Hargrave wrote:
Sandpaper is a no no on relay contacts. It leaves minute sand
particles imbedded in the contacts, especially silver plated ones.
Use a metal contact file or good grade of extra fine Emory cloth.

73, Jim - w5ifp@gvtc.com