Amps

Re: [Amps] WTB 220 mhz amp/ Eimac question

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] WTB 220 mhz amp/ Eimac question
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 08:19:45 -0500
On 11/06/2015 10:48 AM, Donald Fox via Amps wrote:

If they would do it, I may pay to ship it to Eimac and have them open it up to
hopefully tell me what the heck happened.
If it just up and died of natural causes, then I owe the buyer a refund and I
am out a tube.
If there is internal or external proof of mishandling on the buyers part, then
that is a different story.
The tube was shipped USPS insured, but with no external damage to the box (per
the buyer), I don't hold much hope there.

                        (3CX1200A7)
He should be able to tell you if the filament measures open or if the grid is shorted to the cathode.

  If it is truly dead you might be able to have it rebuilt.
--
  Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                Every action results in unwanted side effects.