Amps

[Amps] Direct-grounding SB-220 grids

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Direct-grounding SB-220 grids
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:28:03 -0400
I'm thinking about following several people's advice and direct-grounding the
grids on my SB-220.  I'm told that this can result in a bit more gain and
enhanced stability.  Merits of the procedure aside, if I do so, should I use
copper strap of some sort, or will large diameter copper wire be sufficient?
Should I ground each grid pin directly to the adjacent chassis ground lug, or
somehow connect them to each other?  It appears that each ground connection
will only be about an inch long.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
Full details on 3165 contest stations