Amps

Re: [Amps] Project for 8122 tubes

To: "7z1sj@jeeran.com" <7z1sj@jeeran.com>,"amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Project for 8122 tubes
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:23:09 -0400
8122 tubes were used in a few amplifiers but not not many.  They were an
inexpensive solution for mobile amplifiers and for some larger  amplifiers.
They are very similar to 4cx250F tubes but have a somewhat hard to get socket.
They often needed to be matched when used in pairs and RCA   would color code
them just for that reason. EIMAC made a few using their 4cx250B design and they
did not need matching. Their product was very consistent. But they did not make
them . I would start with  a amplifier design for a 4CX250 and use the proper
bias and plate voltages for the 8122.  You may for a design for a 8072
conduction cooled tube. There were some UHF repeater amplifiers using them. The
8072 is a 8122 without fins.  I have disassembles several old amplifiers to
recover their 8072s

73 Bill wa4lav