Amps

[Amps] SB-220 update and gettering

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SB-220 update and gettering
From: John Lyles <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 10:58:19 -0700
Rob
I emailed you a very authoritative paper from RCA in AIEE in 1935, although very old, the designs have not changed much. The technology hasn't changed much since then. Most modern Tantalum or Moly plates do run with a lot of color in their typical full power state, but no so true with graphite. It is mechanically very stable comparatively, although it requires a lot of vacuum processing before it is very useful.

Some of the anode materials do function as a getter to desorb other stray ions when heated. Graphite is not one of them, although it certainly does outgass residual molecules if it is running hotter.
73
John L.
K5PRO