Amps

Re: [Amps] 3-500 to 4-250 conversion

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500 to 4-250 conversion
From: Jim Garland <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:29:05 -1000
Hi Kennon,
On the face of it, anyone who would build an amplifier using six 3-500zs, and
then proceed to burn out all the tubes, pretty clearly wasn't knowledgable
about the rudiments of power amplifier design. There's no way I can think of to
make such an amplifier work on 10m, and probably not on any hf band above 160m,
and maybe not even there. My advice is to scrap out the amp for the parts and
turn elsewhere for advice about sound amplifier design practices.
73,
Jim w8zr

Sent from my iPad