Amps

Re: [Amps] OT: Anyone know of any RF Speech Processor Kits?

To: "Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF" <oz1pif@privat.dk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] OT: Anyone know of any RF Speech Processor Kits?
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:32:09 -0800

On Jan 15, 2005, at 7:46 AM, Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF wrote:

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF, Peter

**********  OZ1PIF **************
email: oz1pif(no-spam-filler)@privat.dk
http://home24.inet.tele.dk/oz1pif/
Ph. +45 4619 3239
Snailmail:
Peter Frenning
Ternevej 23
DK-4130 Viby Sj.
Denmark
***********************************
----- Original Message ----- From: "R.Measures" <r@somis.org>
To: "Ken G3WCS" <lists@kentek.co.uk>

Does anyone make kits for RF Speech Processors these days? I have an old Datong unit but would like another one for another location.
snip
I'm a keen constructor so would enjoy building one up if kits are available these days.

Anyone know?

^^^ Without doubt, the 11-meter band would be the best place to find out.

Ouch, you dont pull you punches Rich!

The awful truth is that CBers are way more into processing than Hams.

Actually both compressors and the much ridiculed "Apollo Beep" have their uses, especially in very weak signal, VHF and above, voice communication.

A bigger amplifier is also useful.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick".
-- Theodore Roosevelt.

Richard L. Measures, AG6K, 805.386.3734. www.somis.org