Amps

Re: [Amps] Alpha 76 problem

To: k9sd <k9sd@ezl.com>, amps@contesting.com, Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 76 problem
From: Val Erwin <valerwin@att.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 14:06:52 -0800 (PST)
Hi Sam........

I agree with Carl's assesment of the problem.

Don't forget that K-1 is latched on when the power switch is depressed on.. The
power on/off buttons are only temporary contact type switches. Also, when K-1
is activated, it also starts the step-start sequence as I recall.........

Thus, per Carl, I would go straight to the power on/off switch assembly. It
sounds to me like the contacts are shorted or there is something wrong with the
mechanical aspect of the switch assembly. This would cause K-1 to latch up as
soon as you plug in the amp.........

Is the reverse true?.............You can't turn off the amp?...........I assume
so.

Let us know what you find.....

GL

Val / W5PUT