Amps

[Amps] השב: LDMOS HEAT SPREADERS

To: "jtml@vla.com" <jtml@vla.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] השב: LDMOS HEAT SPREADERS
From: alexeban <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 16:12:22 +0300
Guys,bon.'t try applying cooling lliquid against the flange: it is not dsigned
to withstand corrosion of any kind!
What you can do is glue the device on the heatsink using silverr loaded epoxy
from Elecolit or some equivalent.
We did dolfder devices to copper heatsinks
.but that requires special heating plates going up to about 240 degrees
centigrade, and some eutectic solder, not cheap. Don't try it with new devices.
נשלח מסמארטפון ה-Samsung Galaxsy שלי.

<jtml@losalamos.com> </div><div>תאריך:26/08/2016  10:44  (GMT+02:00)
LDMOS HEAT SPREADERS </div><div>
for puck type very high power devices. For instance,

http://catalog.chtechnology.com/viewitems/extruded-bonded-fin-heat-sinks/liquid-chill-block?&plpver=10&forward=1

Of course, getting the RF into and out off the device with this cooler
in the way is tricky.
John
K5PRO