Amps

[Amps] Tentec Hercules II Bias

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tentec Hercules II Bias
From: K4MT via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 07:55:33 +0000 (UTC)
Does anyone know what the correct PA bias is on the Hercules II? The
transistors are MRF458 and I saw somewhere a reading of 500 MA per each pair of
devices.

What concerns me is I have a Herc II I got from the original owner who said it
was never opened or repaired and my bias is 1.5 amps per pair.  It makes me
think that might be the factory setting. I checked the bias board for problems
but none and each pair is adj to almost exactly 1,5 amps.

Gar K4MT