Amps

Re: [Amps] Blowing out finals on a Icom 7300 using a Ameritron AL 80B. H

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Blowing out finals on a Icom 7300 using a Ameritron AL 80B. Help Please!
From: Jim W7RY <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 16:46:52 -0500
That part of the circuit never "sees" the transceiver. An open choke here causes other problems. Not this one.

73

Jim W7RY

On 6/6/2022 4:39 PM, Patrick Thompson wrote:
There is probably a small rf choke from the pi network output to ground.
The rfc is there to short hv to ground if the plate blocking capacitor
shorts. Worth looking at and a possible safety issue.

Pat. wa4tuk

On Mon, Jun 6, 2022, 5:18 PM Ron W4BIN <ka4inm@gmail.com> wrote:

     Alton McConnell via Amps wrote:    (in part)

I suspect that we might need to find a HW 100 or 101 (tube type finals)
to use as an exciter
until we get this issue tracked down.  What do professionals do about
exciters for problem
amps?
How do you test a 3-500Z to see if it is a tube issue?
Are Icom 7300's compatible with AL80Bs?
Does anyone have any thoughts?
    I think two gas tests are in order.

--
     Ron  W4BIN - Understanding is much better than
                                        knowing how.MX