Amps

Re: [Amps] about the WARC bands of the Heathkit SB-220

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] about the WARC bands of the Heathkit SB-220
From: Adrian <vk4tux@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2024 09:06:45 +1000
I use the warc bands all the time on my pristine SB-220. Mostly 12m, however ;

I did not have an issue with 30m apart from input tuning.

I added capacitance and reduced L on my inputs to raise Q for better band specific inputs.

On 30m I used an external tuner on input and it worked well.

I had better results using the lower band position on warc, ie ;

15m for 12

20m for 17

40m for 30

stable with good power

Never had any issues with the chokes, also mine is as factory built re grid connections to ground.

73

vk4tux

On 9/10/24 22:07, amps-request@contesting.com wrote:
Re: about the WARC bands of the Heathkit SB-220