Amps

Re: [Amps] Shipping to Japan

To: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Shipping to Japan
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 07:15:29 -0400
On 2011-06-20, at 12:37 AM, Gary Smith wrote:

> I ship FedEx continental including Canada

Hi Gary,

Although it's of little / no concern to the person initiating the shipment, the
receiver of anything sent to Canada by way of a commercial carrier is liable
for for the brokerage fees that said shipper incurs in getting the item across
the 49th parallel...

I speak from experience.

Years ago I received a $35.00 keyer from Texas via UPS, & the brokerage fee was
the (then) minimum of $25.00---almost the very same value as the keyer itself!

I have never encountered this hidden levy dealing with Canada Post / the US
Post Office.

Unfortunately, Canada Post workers are presently on strike here, so I would
assume that the brokerage fee index is earning a LOT of extra $$$ for the
commercial carriers right about now...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ