Amps

Re: [Amps] 3xc800a7, 3xpx800a7 plate voltage?

To: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3xc800a7, 3xpx800a7 plate voltage?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 10:40:26 -0400
While that voltage is permissable for the 3CPX it will certainly run down
the emission faster if run at the 800ma or so that they will easily load to.
Load too lightly and you are asking for bandswitch or Tune cap arcing.
For my LK-800 upgrades Ive settled on around 3000V and have used as much as
3500V on request. An extra 400W per tube might be needed on 6M EME or 160
(-;

The Original 3CX spec sheet was 2500 and quickly pulled and reduced to 2250
per FCC "request"

Carl
KM1H