Amps

Re: [Amps] Experience with Heart Pacemakers?

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Experience with Heart Pacemakers?
From: K6YE - TOMMY <k6ye@q.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 00:35:20 -0400 (EDT)
I had a unit installed in 2007. Before I agreed to have this done, I asked some
friends to point to an expert. My good friend Len Svidor, W6AUG, had worked
with a cardiologist (who also happened to be a seasoned ham). He recommended a
certain model of St Jude pacemakers, minus defibrillator, and I am okay from 0
to 900MHz with no power limitations. At frequencies above 1GHz, power cannot
exceed 200 watts. With respect to microwave ovens, he indicated no restrictions.

I sincerely hope that the foregoing helps and I can provide the model on
request.

Semper Fi,

Tommy - K6YE
DX IS and CW RULES