Amps

[Amps] success crowbarring PS

To: amps@contesting.com, tonne@comcast.net
Subject: [Amps] success crowbarring PS
From: "John Lyles" <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:28:25 -0600
Jim
Sounds like a successful Crowbar test. I like those. Silent, all that current
dumps, and the transmitter survives. When the crowbar DOESN'T trigger fast
enough, then all H--- breaks loose. Thats when you vaporize wires and melt
grids.

#29 and 30 AWG magnet wire are still a standardized test method for high power
crowbar protection for tubes.

I didn't know you were in Roswell (KBIM), the UFO capital.

73
John
K5PRO