Amps

[Amps] WEIRD ONE SOLVED

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] WEIRD ONE SOLVED
From: "Bill & Liz" <magoo@isp.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 19:50:07 -0400
Thanks to Paul, WD7S, my problem has been solved.  Paul kindly analyzed the
original schematic of the amp and my conversion and determined that a wiring
error in employing the W4ZT bias board had resulted in creation of a grid
metering circuit instead of a plate metering circuit.  The negative lead of the
bias board should have been grounded instead of attaching to B- since the GI7-B
has an indirectly heated cathode whose pin is common to one side of the
filament.

Bottom line: everything now works as it should.  Now, bring on the 6M DX!
Thanks again, Paul.

Bill VE3NH