Amps

Re: [Amps] Alpha 78 Labels/upgrades

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 78 Labels/upgrades
From: Eric Rosenberg <ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 15:28:27 -0500
Mark --

Is it possible to open up the meter and remove the scale? Is the scale an
integral pasrt of the meter movement? If so, is there a solvent available
that can remove the "printing"?

In the meantime, can you email me the scale you drew, or a link to the s/w
you used?

Thanks!

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC

I I also have the meter doubler circuit on my 78 and found a program on the
web that will let you draw a perfect meter scale.  I seriously considered
doing it until I realized that just pasting the paper I printed it on over
the existing scale would not work too well.  The light that illuminates the
meter would shine through both scales making the result impossible to read.

Take care,
Mark
AA3K