Amps

[AMPS] Running a 3-500Z in the horiz. plane

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Running a 3-500Z in the horiz. plane
From: johnf@futurenet.co.za (John Fielding)
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 16:41:19 +0200
Somewhere I have an old GEC tube data book, in they specifically say
that the 572B MUST NOT be operated in the horizontal plane.  OK the
book is very old and I suppose that things may have changed, but I
still take note of things until I see it in print otherwise stated.

John    ZS5JF

----------
To: <amps@contesting.com>
> Date: 03 February 1999 09:29
>

>     Because the grid is hanging is such a way that around 95 % is
going up
> and down with the other 5 % in contact with what makes it stay in
that
> shape. Thus a hot wire doesn't sag much when running up and down. Now
if it
> were rotated 90 degree's in the same horizontal configuration like it
has
> been before by guy's having the socket configured so the 95% is
running
> horizontal you'll find out it isn't just any old run it horizontal
tube. Not
> all of the first tubes of the 572B were good at horizontal from what
I've