Amps

[AMPS] about one of the latest v's

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] about one of the latest v's
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 07:50:38 -0500
on 7/28/01 12:01 AM, skipp s isaham at nospam4me@juno.com wrote:

> In the past, most of the V's we received
> were from friends or people we know well.

Well, these latest ones appear to be from people who I do not know.  It
appears that the V can scan messages in the infected person's in box.  If
the e-mail was addressed to multiple people (like all the frickin e-mail
chain messages that every sends out), it will send itself to everyone it can
find!  I know this because I've gotten the V from people whom I do not know
personally, but who I know are regularly sent e-mail by a friend of mine.

So in some ways this V is easy to detect as you'll get attachments from a
lot of people you do NOT know.

73,

Jon
NA9D