Amps

Re: [Amps] 3-1000 Amplifiers

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-1000 Amplifiers
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 19:00:27 -0500
Dick,

That BTI amp is the only ham amp I know of.  There were some
commercial amps made that used the 3-1000 but I forget who made
them--Harris maybe.

This is one case where if you come across one of those BTIs, the tube
may very well be worth more than the rest of the amp.  The last time I
checked, RF Parts wanted $1200 for a 3x1.

73
Rob
K5UJ

A local found a BTI LK-2000 in an SK's barn (really, a true "barn
find"). That got me wondering
how many Ham Amps were available (commercial not HB) that used the
3-1000. I guess that
the proliferation of 4-1000's may have limited the 3-1000 appeal.
The LK-2000 I saw was only the second one I have seen in 55 years of Hamming.

Does anyone know of any other commercial Ham Amps that used the 3-1000 ?

73, Dick, W1KSZ