Amps

[Amps] 234v - to convert or not?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 234v - to convert or not?
From: Ken Bessler <kg0wx@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 19:09:45 -0500
I just picked up a NOS Yaesu FL-2100B. I used to own a TL-922A and for that I
installed a dedicated 234v line in the shack. My 117v lines are a little crowded
so I was thinking about converting the FL-2100B to 234v to use the line that the
TL-922A used to use.

When I key the new amp, the plate voltage drops from 2,350vdc to about 1,800vdc
with the current 117v stock setup. I'm worried about the drop.

So, should I convert the Yaesu to 234v operation? It would not be that hard for
me
skills wise and like I said, I *do* have the outlet......

Ken KG0WX

73 de Ken KG0WX - Kadiddlehopper #11808,
Flying Pigs #-1055, Grid EM17ip