Amps

Re: [Amps] Power transformer for 600 watt rig

To: <garyschafer@comcast.net>, 'Jim Tonne' <tonne@comcast.net>, "'Amps @ Contesting.com'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Power transformer for 600 watt rig
From: Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:11:46 -0700
This is quite informative...Question, From Gary's comment about Secondary
Resistance, and choke input power supplies, not sufficient for SSB dynamic
regulation, if one has available an older power supply, that is choke input,
you need relatively low secondary resistance....Does the choke resistance have
a lot of influence there also?   What are some typical values of HV choke
resistances?   If so, then I think what you are saying, is  some (most?) choke
input power supplies will have regulation issues with SSB.
Yes/No?

All the best,
Pat Barthelow    (916) 315-9271
aa6eg@hotmail.com