Amps

Re: [Amps] Shipping to Japan

To: "Eddy Swynar" <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Shipping to Japan
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 04:53:46 -0700

From: "Eddy Swynar" <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:46 AM
To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Cc: <amps@contesting.com>

> On 2011-06-21, at 4:49 AM, Jim Thomson wrote:
>
>> ## Look at it from UPS's  point of veiw.  The brokerage is broken down
>> into 13 x  segements... and just cuz ur  $35.00  keyer is not worth much
>> doesn't mean they don't incur expenses  shuffling paper work.
>>
>> ## having said that.... I notice that anything that arrived  via  FEDEX..
>> didn't cost me anything..go figure.
>
> Funny thing is, Jim, that anything I receive here via the US Post Office /
> Canada Post doesn't cost me anything, either, "shuffled paper work"
> notwithstanding...
>
> Go figure.
>
> ~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

###  Not quite.   Canada post charges  a paltry  $5.00  per BOX....
regardless of the size / weight of the box.... or it's  value.   They also
charge BOTH  fed and prov sales tax.   [ hst these days].    Other than
sales tax on the usa dollar exchange and the  $5.00 per box  fee... there
is nothing else.   The problem is.. a lot of stuff can't be shipped via
Canada post.   Either the items are too big/ too heavy, or too long....or
the vendo will flat out refuse to stand in a line up at his local post
office.   He would prefer using  UPS..since  UPS  comes to him for his pick
ups.

##  IMO... UPS is  a  useless bloody  outfit.  I know one fellow  in the usa
who has  >  $100 K  in outstanding claims against them  for loss and
damages.    A buddy in San Francisco tells me that UPS will just leave the
box at the shop owner's  door  at noon...while he is away and  closed for
lunch   for the hr.    Folk's walking down the side walk  will simply
pilfer the box.... and the  store owner  complains  1 week later  abt his
'missing box' .

## I have had several items  dropped off by UPS   [or their  fly by night
independent contractors using beat up vehicles].....and just  either left at
my front door......or my back door.   They NEVER  phone 1st  to see if you
are at home.     I can't be at home  24/7...so the usual deal is... I'm out
when they try and deliver.   Now if the paper work they leave behind on the
door knob blows away in the 50 mph windstorm....I won't even know  they
tried to deliver.     I had one 65 yr old  UPS  guy show up in his  brown
truck.... and lug's this  heavy sola  constant V xfmr to the  front  door of
the  condo I was in at the time.   I come racing downstairs... and  just as
I get to the glass dorr..he drops the damn thing in front of my eyes...all
66 lbs of it !     I asked him why he didn't just use a hand truck dolly ?
I have yet to see a hand truck dolley on an UPS truck.   Now how stupid is
that ?    Told him he coulda borrowed mine... or better yet,  just getta
outa  my way, and lemmee  do it myself.       Nothing piss's  me off more
than to see a box  travel 2500 miles... then get destroyed in the last
5'.... in front of my eyes.

##  usually, once I explain to US  vendor's  not to ship UPS.....and here's
why  [ they want ur 1st born, etc]..... they usually  get it.

later........ Jimbo.