Amps

Re: [Amps] Has this SMPS got too much ripple for a SS bias supply?

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Has this SMPS got too much ripple for a SS bias supply?
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq72@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 19:34:34 +0100
I imagine the bias circuit is probably active with a filtered and
decoupled reference so ripple on the raw input will be taken out.
Another option is that it's brute force biassing with a diode (or
CTC/Acrian Byistor) - in which case the ripple will have negligible
effect. I think Skanti will have done it better than the latter.
Either way, I'd go with your PSU and worry about changing it if anyone
can hear anything untoward. You won't be wiping the bands out.

Steve

--
       Best Regards,
                   Chris Wilson.